The AGV or laser and AGC or magnetic guidance tape are referred to as the automated guided vehicles that are being utilized in assembly lines and supplying materials to the production lines and as a transportation mode between the different automated systems. They are being controlled by software to get rid of the need of being controlled or monitored by operators. They are also completely self-sufficient. The advantages of both are delineated below so as to decide which one you should go for.
AGC is most commonly used in the assembly lines. This system lets to make easy changes via the software and magnetic guidance tapes which are unlike the traditional and conventional systems that can take so many weeks before the process can be changed. All credits to the floor magnetic tape and a reader inside the vehicle that fetches the information for guiding the route. It is useful for the assembly lines that have fixed routes. To determine its location, the transponders are equipped underground and these are automatically located all credits to the system transmitted to the software.
On the contrary, the AGV or automated guided vehicles makes the use of the coordinates and reflectors. It is always updating its location to the system via the visual lasers that seek 3 different surrounding reflectors when these are reached by the laser, it signifies that the vehicle is moving within the circle between such points. The AGV is ideal for refill of assembly lines because of the implied savings in many aspects that differentiated it from other traditional and conventional methods. Besides it also provides more versatility in operations, entailing the possibility of loading or unloading the trucks.
- They don’t need any kind of major fixed installation.
- They provide flexibility and adaptability to the assembly lines for future system’s improvements.
- They prevent halting the line which leads to important budget savings
- They assist in supplying materials and parts to the assembly lines and supplying special materials and automating parts’ supply
- They assist in moving the equipment where it is needed
- They work 24/7.
- Any kind of changes can be done immediately without any need of spending weeks and weeks in repairs and modifications as the traditional systems.
- They provide efficient management of the traffic control.
- They can be automatically charged when passed by certain points along the plant.